Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Progress Bar Passes 13% on Day Six

I'll admit I wasn't as productive on NaNo Day Six as I'd planned. I did start writing earlier than on the previous day and I did manage a few more words than the day before, as well. However, I didn't come close to the personal goal I'd set in my head (I wanted to get to 2000 words and only made it to 884).

I was all set to be disappointed in myself. "Oh, boo-hoo, I let myself down." That is, until I updated my progress bar and really took a look at the numbers. In six days I've written 6540 words. That's an average of 1090 words per day! That's amazing for me, the person who was struggling to hit 250 words per day--if I even made it past 0. When I look at it in relation to the NaNo goal (50,000 words in 30 days), I'm 13% done. And, even more importantly, when I take a look at the big picture (I'm aiming for 100,000 words with this story), I've completed a whopping 7%!

Last week at this time all of those numbers were a big fat ZERO.

NaNo Day Six Words:  884
Total NaNo Words:  6540

No comments: