Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gearing Up For The New Year

I know I've been AWOL from the blog -- and from writing -- the last few weeks. I do have an excuse. My husband underwent total knee replacement surgery three weeks ago. He's recovering nicely, but the first few weeks have been hell on my writing. Things are starting to get more manageable, so here I am.

Actually, I'm chomping at the metaphoric bit to get started on my post-NaNo project. Maybe those weeks of enforced setting it aside were a good thing. It feels fresh and new, rather than a rework of the concept that took me through NaNoWriMo. Right now I'm in the stage of going over my character sheets and re-reading my notes to re-familiarize myself with everything. I'll probably tweak the concept a bit more before I actually start, but surprisingly not much.

The only other item on my writing agenda for this week is to set some concrete writing goals for the 2010. I had a hard time getting started in 2009, but ended with a rush from NaNo. I want to carry that momentum into 2010 and not allow myself to get sidetracked. I'll be posting my goals to the blog on the 1st.

Happy Holidays!!

No comments: